Home > Genealogy
Peter Walker’s Genealogy Interests
Photo from c1860 of my GGG Grandfather Joseph Hollyer, a Herald Painter and Artist on Glass, and his son George (my GG Grandfather who also became an Artist on Glass). Many Hollyers were connected with this trade or signwriting.
For those sharing my interests in genealogy and family history, I am interested in or actively researching the following family names:-
- WALKER at Greenford, Brentwood, Great Warley and Enfield. Stuck with John Walker born c1770, married 1800 in Hanwell.
- IDIENS from Shropshire, Trysull (Staffs), Wolverhampton and Birmingham. I have an extensive database of this family, mainly 18th century and first half of 19th. The were mainly farmers and publicans - often both.
- HAMER from Nantmel, Radnorshire in Wales. Yeoman farmers. My 1/16 Welsh connection.
- HOWARD/HAWARD from Sternfield, Sweffling and surrounding area, Suffolk. Good Ag Lab stock!
- DANBROOK from Suffolk. A surprisingly rare name; I have ancestors in this name back to c1550. Most present day Danbrooks are in Canada.
Photos of my Danbrook ancestor, Ellen Howard (née Danbrook) can be found here.
Information on Danbrooks in Canada can be found here and here.
Send E Mail to Suzanne Schaller, who has masses of information on Danbrook in Canada.
Send E Mail to Kelly Mitchell who helped put the first page together.
Also Carol Morrow, who produced the second.
- BAKER, from Bury St Edmunds and Clare in Suffolk. Robert Baker was a Baker by trade!
- HILLS from Hertford. Another Ag Lab line.
- SHAMBROOK from Hertford. Very much a Herts name. I'm ‘stuck’ in Hertford, but the family could be connected with earlier Shambrooks from Benington and Graveley.
- SAUNDERS from Little Berkhampsted, Herts. A family who were connected with Enfield and Northaw, several generations later, I've been connected with these places too.
- MANNINGS from Hythe and Dover
- SELDEN from Folkestone, Kent.
- REED from Great Stanmore, Middx
- PEPLOE or PEPLER from Great Stanmore, Middx
- HAYNES, Screw Gilders from 7 Dials area of St Giles, London. Anyone know what a Screw Gilder is?
- VASEY from South Shields, Durham and later London (7 Dials). My ‘Geordie’ connection.
- WHALE from Brailes, Warwickshire and later Birmingham.
Also, my wife's connections:-
- DROSSO worldwide, but connections in Greece, Italy, Egypt and France. They don't come much more cosmopolitan than this!
- NICOLSON from Twatt, Shetland
- SINCLAIR from Twatt and Lunnasting, Shetland
- WHITE from Greencastle, Kilkeel, N. Ireland
Home > Genealogy